Acne is a common skin condition affecting teenagers and adults alike. It often leads to breakouts of whiteheads, blackheads or pimples, and usually appears on the face, forehead, upper back and shoulders.
The earlier one starts the right treatment, the better the outcomes for the patient, as if left untreated, acne can lead to permanent scarring as well cause the person suffering from acne immense emotional trauma. Dr. Monica MD’s Acne Range of Therapies has been developed by a dermatologist with 40 years of experience in treating the condition. We have keep safety, efficacy, and simplicity in mind when formulating our products.
Along with using Acne Therapies, here are some simple but important Acne Care Tips that will go a long way in helping to soothe and heal your acne.
- Avoid Oily Creams & Lotions: Stop using all creams, lotions, moisturisers, foundations (stick or cream) that you apply on the cheeks, forehead and chin. These contain oils that further aggravate acne.
- Food Precautions: Avoid spicy hot food, and very sweet fruit like Mango, Papaya and Avocad o. Avoid coffee and alcohol.
- Be Gentle with your Skin: Use our gentle Acne Face Wash , which keeps the oil in check, removes the dirt and grime from the skin.
- Avoid Oily Sunscreens: We all like to apply sunscreens before heading out in the sun but most sunscreens are cream/oil based, which can lead to further acne breakouts. Use any sunscreen that is not oil based. Our Acne Range has a non-oily sunscreen especially developed for Acne-Affected skin
- Use Make Up only when Required: During active acne it’s best to avoid make up altogether (especially oily foundations) as they only makes matters worse. Focus applying makeup around the eyes and lips, and leave your forehead, cheeks and chin free of makeup as much as possible. If applying makeup is unavoidable for an event, try to stay away from oily foundations, switching to matt-based foundations instead. You can also take a good quality compact powder, mix it with a few drops of our non-oily moisturiser Dew Drops, and blend it on to the face evenly. This gives the face an even tone, similar to the effect you get from using a foundation.
- Non Oily Moisturisers: If your skin feels very dry and you suffer from acne or are prone to breakouts, switch to a non-oily moisturiser and wipe-off / rinse-off the excess. This way, your skin will only absorb the moisturisation it needs and no more.
We at Dr. Monica, MD believe each person is unique and create Dermatologist’s Solutions that are paraben-free, perfume-free, dye-free and cruelty-free to give your skin the best care.